Eugene Daly pointing at the roof of his home, where a chimney stood, prior to the arrival of the lightning. INSET - The light coming in through the roof in a bedroom where the chamney was ripped out of place
A Kingscourt family had a miraculous escape when a bolt of lightning hit the ground beside their home and then, it appears, was conducted into the house through an oil line and blasted the chimney off the roof.
Eugene Daly from Rathlagan near Drumconrath in the Meath Hill area of Kingscourt told The Anglo-Celt this week that it was a scary experience. "We are very lucky to be here," he said, adding that thankfully nobody was injured.
See this week's newspaper for full article