Fire service warn of Carbon Monoxide leaks

Carbon monoxide (CO) gas kills on average six people in Ireland every year.

Cavan Town brigade (CN11) attended a Carbon Monoxide alarm activation in the Ballinagh area this week, and discovered high CO levels coming from a child's bedroom.

“A tragedy was almost certainly averted thanks to the alarm,” a spokesperson for the service posted on social media, before asking: “Does your home have a working Carbon Monoxide alarm fitted?”

Carbon monoxide (CO) is dangerous and can be fatal. This poisonous, colourless, odourless gas kills on average six people in Ireland every year.

More from this Topic