Killian Leddy came on as a sub and still managed to score four points for Butlersbridge.

Leddy's four points haul helps the Bridge to victory

Wilton Waste Recycling ACFL Division 2 Rd 7

Butlersbridge 1-17

Templeport 0-16

Gabreil Keogan’s Butlersbridge bounced back from the disappointment of losing to Drumlane in round six with a high scoring win over Templeport on Friday evening last.

Caoimhin O’Reilly's converted penalty before the break saw the home side take the lead and they were never behind for the rest of the contest.

The visitors started well with three points in the opening three minutes through Liam Galligan, Dillion Raythrone and Eoin Doonan. After eight minutes of play the sides were level as Butlersbridge began to find their shooting boots.

Corner forward Gareth Henry got the Bridge up and running with a point on the fourth minute before Caoimhin O’Reilly got in on the action with two white flags on the sixth and eight minutes. With beautiful May sunshine beaming down on Emmett Park, the football was fast and full of attacking intend.

Templeport midfielder Liam Galligan sent over his second to edge his side back into the lead and on the tenth minute an Eoin Doonan free doubled their advantage. A well struck ’45 from the boot of Dara Dempsey clawed a point back for the blue and yellows but Templeport were proving more efficient in front of goals.

Two chances for the green and yellows produced maximum return as Eoin McCaffrey pointed and Conor Galligan converted his first free of the day. Caoimhin O’Reilly and Eoin McCaffrey(mark) exchanged white flags keeping the west Cavan side with a three point cushion.

With half-time approaching the home side hit two points in a row from Gareth Henry and centre back Andrew McConnell. Lively corner forward Eoin McCaffrey sent over his second of the day on the 28th minute but when referee Pat Clarke awarded Butlersbridge a penalty, Caoimhin O’Reilly took the chance to give his side the lead before the break.

A Dillon Raythorne point in first half injury-time levelled the sides for the break at 1-7 to 0-10.

The Bridge came out all guns blazing after the restart with half-time sub Killian Leddy announcing his arrival with two points inside the first four minutes. A free from Caoimhin O’Reilly and a Sean T Murphy point gave the Bridge a four point advantage after only five minutes.

That five minute spell proved crucial as Butlersbridge matched Templeport score for score for the remainder of the game. Two Butlersbridge points from Murphy and Leddy matched Liam and Conor Galligan’s points at the other end.

Two more points from Templeport centreback Dillon Raythorne were sandwiched between Leddy’s fourth and O’Reilly’s fifth points as the game entered the final five minutes. Two points from Templeport full-forward Conor Galligan closed the gap to two as the game entered injury-time but Jack Graham brace of points meant the Bridge finished with four to spare.

Butlersbridge team: Michael Sheridan, Finbar Conaty, Patrick Flynn, Diarmuid McCorry, Cillian Murphy, Andrew McConnell(0-1), Shane Leddy, Kevin McPhilips, Cathal Leddy, Jack Graham(0-2), Liam McEntee, Sean T Murphy(0-2), Dara Dempsey(0-1’45, Caoimhin O’Reilly(1p-5,1f), Gareth Henry(0-2). Subs used: Killian Leddy(0-4), Peter Conaty, Eoin O’Reilly,

Templeport team: Donal Maguire, Liam Bannon, Sean Dolan, Luke Donohoe, Liam McAweeney, Dillon Raythorne(0-4), Ciaran McManus, Gavin Donohoe, Liam Galligan(0-3), James Rudden, Eoin Doonan(0-2,1f), Danny Maguire, Eoin McCaffrey(0-3,1m), Conor Galligan(0-4,3f), James Murphy. Subs used: Ciaran King.