Two firecrews were called to deal with a blaze which took hold of a workshop building off Main Street late on Sunday night, December 23.
The fire took place in a workshop at 37 Main Street, Cavan Town, behind Charles Fays drapery and clothing store shortly after 9.30pm when the alarm was raised.
It is understood to have started due to an electrical fault. There were no injuries reported.
Both the fire services and gardai have ruled out the possibility the fire may have been started maliciously.
Fire crews from both Cavan and Belturbet were called to the scene to being under control.
€50 for 6 months (24 editions) of the Anglo Celts. Ideal gift for those who have everything. Subscribe for free here.