Confirmation in Bailieborough has been postponed until next week due to health and safety concerns, caused by the recent snowfall.
A statement issued by Fr Michael Router, explained: "Unfortunately due to health and safety concerns Confirmation is postponed in Bailieborough tomorrow. Because of the ongoing adverse weather conditions, the poor and impassible state of roads in many parts of the parish and the icy conditions around the church carpark/avenues I had no option but to make this decision. I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused to many people by this late announcement especially those who have had family members home from abroad.
"Confirmation is rescheduled for next weekend on Sunday, March 11, at 3pm. Bishop Leo will not be able to attend as he has a full schedule of confirmations in other parishes until the end of May. Monsignor Liam Kelly, Vicar General of Kilmore Diocese, has agreed to administer confirmation for us. If this does not suit your family the option to attend confirmation in a neighbouring parish is still open."