We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. We also use cookies to ensure we show you advertising that is relevant to you. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on the Anglo Celt website. However, if you would like to, you can change your cookie settings at any time by amending your browser settings.


Gardaí investigate raid on Belturbet service station

Story by Sean McMahon

Tuesday, 13th February, 2018 3:33pm

Gardaí investigate raid on Belturbet service station

The Spar shop and Service Station at Kilconny, Belturbet, which was sealed off for a Garda Technical examination on Tuesday morning.

Gardaí are investigating a raid on a service station in the Belturbet area that occurred in the early hours of this morning (Tuesday).

A four-man gang forced their way into the Spar Shop and Service Station at Kilconny, Belturbet, shortly before 1am. The entered the shop via the back rear and actually removed a glass panel from the door. When inside this area, they soon realised that they could not gain entry to the shop area.

They then proceeded to the front door and endeavoured to force it open and caused further damage in the process.

It is not exactly clear if they took anything from the shop at this stage, as they were disturbed when a vehicle arrived on the scene and the alarm also went off.

The scenes of crime team examined the premises this morning and the investigating gardaí are viewing CCTV footage as part of their investigation. It is understood that the gang must have parked their getaway vehicle some distance from the service station, as there was no sign of a vehicle leaving the scene.

Ballyconnell arrest

Meanwhile gardaí have charged a male in relation to a break-in at a local supermarket at the weekend.
In the early hours of last Saturday morning three youths were observed after a block was used to smash through a glass door of SuperValu in Ballyconnell.
A quantity of alcohol and cigarettes were taken, with one male later arrested, who was taken and charged before Monaghan District Court on Sunday in relation to the incident. The gardai carried out further searches in the Ballyconnell area and later arrested a second man who was also brought before the courts.

Post a Comment

blog comments powered by Disqus